Klonopin is a brand name of Clonazepam that belongs to the group of benzodiazepines drugs.We accept:
Klonopin (Clonazepam) is used for the prevention and treatment of:
• Infantile spasm
• Panic Disorder
• Insomnia caused by brain lesions or central nervous system trauma.
Way of use and Dosage
• Klonopin (Clonazepam) is available in tablets and should be administrated orally to adults and children older than 1 year.
• Treatment starts with a low dose and gradually increasing to an optimum level.
• The initial dose for adults should not exceed 1 mg per day.
• Gradually increase the dose with 0.5-1 mg every third day until the optimal dose is found.
• The daily dose should be divided into 3 doses (morning, afternoon and evening)
• The maximum daily dose for adults is 20 mg
• Children must receive lower doses of 1 or 6 mg per day depending on the age and disease forms.
• Intensive treatment lasts about 3 weeks, after that, it is necessary to reduce the daily dose.
Recommendations for the use
• Do not drink any alcoholic beverages during your treatment, in order to reduce the risks of adverse reactions.
• Do not take the entire daily dose in one reception because it can cause digestive system irritation.
• Klonopin is used with extreme caution by patients with ataxia, severe liver disease, severe chronic respiratory failure, especially in the acute stage of deterioration, episodes of sleep apnea.
• Slowing of psychomotor reactions is observed during the treatment. It is necessary to take into account if the patinet is engaged in potentially hazardous activities that require coordination and quickness of psychomotor reactions.
• Despite the high security of Klonopin (Clonazepam), it is not recommended to receive medication during pregnancy and lactation, as it can penetrate the placental barrier and into milk and harm the fetus.
Klonopin (Clonazepam), in moderate doses, has no side effects. Side effects may occur under the application of a maximum daily dose of 20 mg. The most common side effects are: fatigue, drowsiness, weakness, dizziness, confusion, muscle weakness, dry mouth, nausea, diarrhea, heartburn.
If you notice side effects, you must temporarily reduce the daily dose.
• Information provided in this article is for only general knowledge and is not a guide to action. The creators of this web site only provide information that you need to know for safe use of drugs, but it is strongly recommended to consult an expert doctor before you start taking any medication. You should be aware of all the responsibility when taking drugs and take them only on doctor's advice. Owners of this site are not responsible for the material and for any consequences that may occur while taking potent drugs.